Skip to main content

Socket Set

ALL paper is from The Paper Company value packs.


The cover is 2 pieces of red cardstock held together by a paper "hing" which is just a piece of black cardstock on the outside and inside. You can see this in the pictures.  The letters were just some black alpha stickers that I had, not sure on the brand.


 The "sockets" were made by cutting a scallop circle one size and then cutting a regular circle a 1/4" bigger out of a slightly different color of gray cardstock.  I used my Storybook Cricut cartridge to cut the two different circles.  Then I just made 5 different sizes.  I used the same cartridge to make 3 different size squares.  I then used the squares as a template to cut out the center to get the official socket look.


The ratchet was made by piecing together different colors of cardstock to try to make it look as real as I could.


Each row of sockets is a different page.  Here I made to little books and our oldest son decorated them for Daddy!


I connected the pages with folded pieces of cardstock on the edges only so that they formed pockets.


I then decorated the backs of the pages with pictures of our boys.


I also added pictures on photo-mats into the pockets.

My Husband was very impressed with the detail that I put into this album, and I have to say I was too.  I truly love how this project came out.

Stay tuned for even more mini albums included in this project!!!

Happy Crafting!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frisky Melon!!

 I made this card for the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog's Challenge Me Monday Contest!!  Yay!!  I started with a piece of pink cardstock cut at 5 1/2"x 8 1/2" and folded it in half for the base of my card.  This was from one of The Paper Company's value packs.  Then I cut a piece of black cardstock, also from The Paper Company, at 5 1/4"x 4" and used it as my first layer.  I attached this using my ATG gun. For my second layer I cut a piece of paper from the Colorbok Pattern Pack at 5"x 3 3/4".  I then wrapped a piece of grosgrain ribbon around it and secured it in the back using regular tape.  Then I attached the whole thing using my ATG gun.   I cut the watermelon at 4" using the "Stretch Your Imagination" cartridge with my Cricut Expression.  I used a black, pink and green paper, all were from The Paper Company value packs.  I attached it to the card using 3D-Dots. Then to finish off this card I added a My P...

Project 7

My hubby has his own "crafting" that he does, he tears apart and rebuilds cars.  He bought a Mazda RX7 when we first arrived in Germany and he is turning it into his own little race car.  The only way I can understand it is to compare it to my crafting and he gets just as excited over car parts as I do over crafting supplies, so it must be a really awesome thing to him LOL!!!!So I wanted to make him something to recognize his project.   I took that canvas that I messed up the first canvas transfer on and I gessoed it until you could no longer see the attempt at the image transfer. First I used my Faber Castell Gelatos, metalic gold, squid ink, and silver and I randomly added them to the canvas and blended them in using my finger.  I also used my black gelato to distress the edges of the canvas and blended it with my finger.  Then I used a gears 6x6 mask from Crafters' Workshop and covered it with modeling paste and let it dry.  Once it was dry I us...

Anything Goes Challenge Blog #58

 I'm posting this all in one blog post because I'm entering it in Anything Goes Challenge Blog's Challenge #58 .   I felt the whole project was too big for one post so I've been working on posting each mini album and the toolbox in their own posts.  Today I finished up posting the mini albums on my blog, so here I posed a couple pics with a link to the individual posts. This was a craft project that I made for my husband the Vehicle Mechanic, in and out of the USAF, for Christmas.  To see my post on the tool box click here: Tool Box  To see my post on the socket set click here:  Socket Set  To see my post on the drill click here:  Drill To see my post on the wrench set click here:  Wrench Set  To see my post on the saw please click here:  Saw To see my post on the gears please click here:  Gears Happy Crafting!!!!