Skip to main content

Frog Birthday!


I made this card for my sister-in-law for her birthday.  I didn't actually forget her birthday, but I knew the card wouldn't get to her in time for her birthday.  
I started with a piece of 5.5"x 8.5" piece of cardstock, from The Paper Company's Rainy Day value pack, folded in half for the base of my card. 
Then I cut a piece of blue cardstock at 5 1/4"x 4", cut the corners with a Fiskars corner punch, and mounted it to the base as my first layer using my ATG gun.  The paper was also from the Rainy Day value pack.
I cut a piece of orange cardstock, from The Paper Company's Jewel Tone value pack, at 5 1/4"x 2.5", wrapped a piece of "Happy Birthday" ribbon from Craft Essentials around it, secured it with regular tape on the back, and then adhered the whole thing to the card using my ATG gun.
I cut the frog at 3.5" using my Cricut Expression and the "Create a Critter" cartridge. For the first layer I used a black from The Paper Company's Black and White value pack.  For the next layer I used a green and orange plaid cardstock from DCWV's Animal Crackers matstack.  For the cheeks I used the same orange that I used for the strip behind the frog, and the blue belly on the frog is the same as the base of the card.  I cut the lily pad from the same cartridge, it is an accessory for the frog, and it is also cut at 3.5" using a light green cardstock from The Paper Company's Bright value pack. I attached the lily pad using my ATG gun and the frog using 3D-Dots.  I attached the flower using a small green brad and by poking a small whole through the card.
And for the final touch I used a My Pink Stamper stamp from her "More Punny-licious" set and I used a Stampin Up! Classic Basic Black ink pad.

My sister-in-law loved this card, she didn't even care that it was late.

Happy Crafting!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dragon Cricut Cut

This is just a dragon cut that my son David asked me to "make" for him.  It is from the "Designer's Calendar" Cricut cartridge.  I used a piece of 6x6 red cardstock.  It was from The Paper Company's Heritage Color Sheets.  I selected the dragon to cut and then I selected the "fit to page" button on my Cricut Expression to get the biggest cut possible with the size paper that I was using.
*Note:  If you are making a cut using the "fit to page" button that has layers, make sure you note the size so you can set your size dial for the layers so they will fit properly.
Happy Crafting!!!!

Time to Create a Unique View

This is an altered canvas that I created for Diemond Dies' Design Team call.  It was my first big mixed media project and I absolutely love how it turned out!!!!

I got lots of different close up pics.

I just love that clock piece in the corner!

This view finder die is a must have, it was so much fun to use!  I cut it in black chipboard and then again in chipboard covered in white paper.  I then took the squares from the black one that I cut out and put them in the white one and it actually looks like a view finder disc!!

Don't forget the sides of your canvases!

So pretty!

The arrow is pointing to the way to read the words for the title of the canvas, completely unintentional.


Love those butterflies.  I got these in a swap but I know you can find them on Etsy!

Well I hope you enjoyed my pics, if you have any questions please just ask.  As you will see in future posts I did end up making the team.  Yay me!!  It's my very first DT so it has been super exciting!!!!  Dee, the …

Altered Bird Cage

This is one really made me think outside the box.  I wanted to create a 3D item, and this is what I ended up coming up with.

I used the Tim Holtz Alterations Sizzix Bigz Caged Bird Die to create this.  I cut the cage 4 times, the bird once and the wing twice out of medium weight chipboard.  Then I painted the 4 cages on both sides with Rusty Hinge Distress Paint from Tim Holtz and sprayed them with some Sunflower Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels.
I glued the sides of the cages together with some Scotch Quick Dry Tacky Adhesive and just held them until it was dry and just did that for all 4 sides.  Then I, very gently bent in the tops of the bird cages (I cut off the little bump that is on top of the hanging whole) and used the Scotch glue again to glue them together.  I also used some Tim Holtz jump rings to help hold the tops together until the glue was dry and holding.  Then I use another jump ring through the wholes on the top to hold them together and to attach the swivel clasp to.

 …