Skip to main content

Lightening McQueen!!


I made this die cut using my Cricut Expression with the "Cars" cartridge.  I used The Paper Company's Bright Fashion Colors for the blue shadow and eyes, the pink tongue and the orange signal light and "95" on the side and on the headlight.  
Then I used The Paper Company's Jewel Tone Fashion Colors for the red body and wheels, and the yellow for the writing on the hood and the lightening bolt on the side.  
Lastly I used The Paper Company's Black and White Fashion Colors for the black wheels and area on the hood and for the white windows, headlights, lightening bolt and the area above the back tire.  (This isn't in order of how I made it, I'm just grouping the colors by color packs.  Sorry for an confusion.)

I love the way this turned out!!  I still haven't used it yet, it's sitting here on my desk.  I will probably work it into a scrapbook layout later on, we'll see!!  I did this right after I got my Cricut Expression just to see how hard it was, and it wasn't hard at all!!!

Happy Crafting!!!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dragon Cricut Cut

This is just a dragon cut that my son David asked me to "make" for him.  It is from the "Designer's Calendar" Cricut cartridge.  I used a piece of 6x6 red cardstock.  It was from The Paper Company's Heritage Color Sheets.  I selected the dragon to cut and then I selected the "fit to page" button on my Cricut Expression to get the biggest cut possible with the size paper that I was using.
*Note:  If you are making a cut using the "fit to page" button that has layers, make sure you note the size so you can set your size dial for the layers so they will fit properly.
Happy Crafting!!!!

Altered Bird Cage

This is one really made me think outside the box.  I wanted to create a 3D item, and this is what I ended up coming up with.

I used the Tim Holtz Alterations Sizzix Bigz Caged Bird Die to create this.  I cut the cage 4 times, the bird once and the wing twice out of medium weight chipboard.  Then I painted the 4 cages on both sides with Rusty Hinge Distress Paint from Tim Holtz and sprayed them with some Sunflower Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels.
I glued the sides of the cages together with some Scotch Quick Dry Tacky Adhesive and just held them until it was dry and just did that for all 4 sides.  Then I, very gently bent in the tops of the bird cages (I cut off the little bump that is on top of the hanging whole) and used the Scotch glue again to glue them together.  I also used some Tim Holtz jump rings to help hold the tops together until the glue was dry and holding.  Then I use another jump ring through the wholes on the top to hold them together and to attach the swivel clasp to.

 …

Time to Create a Unique View

This is an altered canvas that I created for Diemond Dies' Design Team call.  It was my first big mixed media project and I absolutely love how it turned out!!!!

I got lots of different close up pics.

I just love that clock piece in the corner!

This view finder die is a must have, it was so much fun to use!  I cut it in black chipboard and then again in chipboard covered in white paper.  I then took the squares from the black one that I cut out and put them in the white one and it actually looks like a view finder disc!!

Don't forget the sides of your canvases!

So pretty!

The arrow is pointing to the way to read the words for the title of the canvas, completely unintentional.


Love those butterflies.  I got these in a swap but I know you can find them on Etsy!

Well I hope you enjoyed my pics, if you have any questions please just ask.  As you will see in future posts I did end up making the team.  Yay me!!  It's my very first DT so it has been super exciting!!!!  Dee, the …