Skip to main content

Socket Set

ALL paper is from The Paper Company value packs.


The cover is 2 pieces of red cardstock held together by a paper "hing" which is just a piece of black cardstock on the outside and inside. You can see this in the pictures.  The letters were just some black alpha stickers that I had, not sure on the brand.


 The "sockets" were made by cutting a scallop circle one size and then cutting a regular circle a 1/4" bigger out of a slightly different color of gray cardstock.  I used my Storybook Cricut cartridge to cut the two different circles.  Then I just made 5 different sizes.  I used the same cartridge to make 3 different size squares.  I then used the squares as a template to cut out the center to get the official socket look.


The ratchet was made by piecing together different colors of cardstock to try to make it look as real as I could.


Each row of sockets is a different page.  Here I made to little books and our oldest son decorated them for Daddy!


I connected the pages with folded pieces of cardstock on the edges only so that they formed pockets.


I then decorated the backs of the pages with pictures of our boys.


I also added pictures on photo-mats into the pockets.

My Husband was very impressed with the detail that I put into this album, and I have to say I was too.  I truly love how this project came out.

Stay tuned for even more mini albums included in this project!!!

Happy Crafting!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Danger ATC

This is an Artist Trading Card (ATC) that I created for the Diemond Dies' Design Team Call.  The background is a couple different mixed media techniques, mod podging tissue paper with lots of wrinkles in it and then stamping on top of it.  Then I used some Shimmerz Texturez to add even more texture and then some gray gesso is added in there too.

I used some corrugated cardboard to add some texture and then I used the Tim Holtz Tattered Banners Die and Bat & Skull dies for my embellishments.   On the bat I covered it with haematite Inka Gold, buffed it and then adhered it with 3-D Dots.  The skull I gessoed, colored it with my Faber Castell Big Brush Pens and then used some Shimmerz Texturez to put the "cracks" on it.
This is one of my favorite ATCs that I have ever made.  I hope you enjoyed it too!!
Happy Crafting!!!!  



Dragon Cricut Cut

This is just a dragon cut that my son David asked me to "make" for him.  It is from the "Designer's Calendar" Cricut cartridge.  I used a piece of 6x6 red cardstock.  It was from The Paper Company's Heritage Color Sheets.  I selected the dragon to cut and then I selected the "fit to page" button on my Cricut Expression to get the biggest cut possible with the size paper that I was using.
*Note:  If you are making a cut using the "fit to page" button that has layers, make sure you note the size so you can set your size dial for the layers so they will fit properly.
Happy Crafting!!!!

Frisky Melon!!

 I made this card for the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog's Challenge Me Monday Contest!!  Yay!!  I started with a piece of pink cardstock cut at 5 1/2"x 8 1/2" and folded it in half for the base of my card.  This was from one of The Paper Company's value packs.  Then I cut a piece of black cardstock, also from The Paper Company, at 5 1/4"x 4" and used it as my first layer.  I attached this using my ATG gun. For my second layer I cut a piece of paper from the Colorbok Pattern Pack at 5"x 3 3/4".  I then wrapped a piece of grosgrain ribbon around it and secured it in the back using regular tape.  Then I attached the whole thing using my ATG gun.   I cut the watermelon at 4" using the "Stretch Your Imagination" cartridge with my Cricut Expression.  I used a black, pink and green paper, all were from The Paper Company value packs.  I attached it to the card using 3D-Dots. Then to finish off this card I added a My Pink Stamper stamp from …