Skip to main content

Green Elephant Memory Box

This is a memory box that I made as a birthday present for a friend of mine.  Her favorite thing is elephants and her favorite color is green so i just rolled with that.


I made the elephant charm hang over the edge to help hold the lid shut.  I punched a whole in the lid and put a large eyelet in it.  Then I stuck an eye pin through the eyelet, with the eye part on the inside of the box and used a jump ring to keep it from coming all the way through.  Then I curved it and decorated it with Swarovski crystals.  I rounded the end creating a loop and attached the elephant charm using a jump ring.




The tulle flower I got in a RAK swap at Mini Album Scraps from Laura Stirckland.


I used the Tim Holtz 30 game piece because she was turning 30.  I colored it with a black Sharpie and then glossy accented it.


The butterfly was a wooden butterfly.  It's either a Maya Road one or it's one that I got in a RAK from Jane at velocityvette1 on YouTube.  I'm unsure of which one I ended up using.


This flower was made following a tutorial that Fiona, at jennings644 on YouTube, made.  You use normal paper flowers, ink and embossing powder to make it look like a glass flower.  The lady bug is a handmade glass bead that I got form a friend in the Czech Republic for my birthday.


Melissa Francis keyhole.


I received a birdcage similar to this one in my RAK swap from Laura Strickland so I wanted to try to recreate it.  I used Vintage Photo crackle paint on the birdcage die cut.  Then I sprayed it with some glimmer mists, Black Magic, Tattered Leather and English Ivy.  I added the chain with the butterfly charm.  The flowers and leaves I misted with English Ivy as well.  The stickpins are ones that I have received in RAKs or as extras in swaps.


I love how this tuned out!!!


Close up of the flower, again made by Laura Strickland.


Pretty Box!!!!





Inside lid holds a standard 4x6 photo.


I got the little wooden people in a RAK from Jane, velocityvette1.  I inked them with Tim Holtz Distressed inks, Salty Ocean and Picked Raspberry.  The same with the little heart and it was inked with Tim Holtz Distressed ink Barn Door.


Tim Holtz key.





I hope you enjoyed my pictures.  If you have any questions please just ask. 

Thanks for looking!!!!

Happy Crafting!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Danger ATC

This is an Artist Trading Card (ATC) that I created for the Diemond Dies' Design Team Call.  The background is a couple different mixed media techniques, mod podging tissue paper with lots of wrinkles in it and then stamping on top of it.  Then I used some Shimmerz Texturez to add even more texture and then some gray gesso is added in there too. I used some corrugated cardboard to add some texture and then I used the Tim Holtz Tattered Banners Die and Bat & Skull dies for my embellishments.   On the bat I covered it with haematite Inka Gold, buffed it and then adhered it with 3-D Dots.  The skull I gessoed, colored it with my Faber Castell Big Brush Pens and then used some Shimmerz Texturez to put the "cracks" on it. This is one of my favorite ATCs that I have ever made.  I hope you enjoyed it too!! Happy Crafting!!!!  

Time to Create a Unique View

This is an altered canvas that I created for Diemond Dies' Design Team call.  It was my first big mixed media project and I absolutely love how it turned out!!!! I got lots of different close up pics. I just love that clock piece in the corner! This view finder die is a must have, it was so much fun to use!  I cut it in black chipboard and then again in chipboard covered in white paper.  I then took the squares from the black one that I cut out and put them in the white one and it actually looks like a view finder disc!! Don't forget the sides of your canvases! So pretty! The arrow is pointing to the way to read the words for the title of the canvas, completely unintentional. Love those butterflies.  I got these in a swap but I know you can find them on Etsy! Well I hope you enjoyed my pics, if you have any questions please just ask.  As you will see in future posts I did end up making the team.

Frisky Melon!!

 I made this card for the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog's Challenge Me Monday Contest!!  Yay!!  I started with a piece of pink cardstock cut at 5 1/2"x 8 1/2" and folded it in half for the base of my card.  This was from one of The Paper Company's value packs.  Then I cut a piece of black cardstock, also from The Paper Company, at 5 1/4"x 4" and used it as my first layer.  I attached this using my ATG gun. For my second layer I cut a piece of paper from the Colorbok Pattern Pack at 5"x 3 3/4".  I then wrapped a piece of grosgrain ribbon around it and secured it in the back using regular tape.  Then I attached the whole thing using my ATG gun.   I cut the watermelon at 4" using the "Stretch Your Imagination" cartridge with my Cricut Expression.  I used a black, pink and green paper, all were from The Paper Company value packs.  I attached it to the card using 3D-Dots. Then to finish off this card I added a My Pink St