Skip to main content

Tree-mendous Day!!


I made this card for my sister-in-law's birthday.  I hope I'm not jumping the gun by posting it, but I mailed it last week so she should have it by now.
ALL paper is from The Paper Company's value packs unless otherwise stated.
I started this card with a 5 1/2"x 8 1/2" piece of light blue cardstock and folded it in half to form the base of my card.  Then, for my first layer, I cut a piece of orange cardstock at 5 1/4"x 4" and attached it to the base of the card using my ATG gun.
I then cut a darker blue piece of cardstock at, I believe, 1" and a green piece of cardstock at 2 1/5".  I layered the darker blue over a little bit of the green and attached it using my ATG gun.  I took a piece of teal and white poke a dot ribbon and wrapped it around the two pieces of card stock and adhered it with Scotch tape on the back.  Then I used the "My Pink Stamper Cheater method" to add a little bow to the ribbon.  I attached the whole thing to the card using my ATG gun.
I cut the tree at 3 1/2" from the "Create a Critter" cartridge with my Cricut Expression.  I used The Paper Company's value pack papers for all layers except for the last layer of the top of the tree.  There I used a green, light blue and orange plaid paper from DCWV Animal Crackers matstack.  This paper gave me the colors to use for the rest of the card as well.  I attached the tree to the card using 3D-Dots.
Then to finish it off I added a My Pink Stamper stamp from her "More Punny-licious" set using a Stampin Up! Classic, Pumpkin Pie, ink pad for my sentiment.

I haven't heard from her on how she likes it yet, or even that she got it, but I'm sure that she will love it!!!

Happy Crafting!!!! 

Comments

  1. So cute! I love your mix of colors and patterns.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dragon Cricut Cut

This is just a dragon cut that my son David asked me to "make" for him.  It is from the "Designer's Calendar" Cricut cartridge.  I used a piece of 6x6 red cardstock.  It was from The Paper Company's Heritage Color Sheets.  I selected the dragon to cut and then I selected the "fit to page" button on my Cricut Expression to get the biggest cut possible with the size paper that I was using.
*Note:  If you are making a cut using the "fit to page" button that has layers, make sure you note the size so you can set your size dial for the layers so they will fit properly.
Happy Crafting!!!!

Time to Create a Unique View

This is an altered canvas that I created for Diemond Dies' Design Team call.  It was my first big mixed media project and I absolutely love how it turned out!!!!

I got lots of different close up pics.

I just love that clock piece in the corner!

This view finder die is a must have, it was so much fun to use!  I cut it in black chipboard and then again in chipboard covered in white paper.  I then took the squares from the black one that I cut out and put them in the white one and it actually looks like a view finder disc!!

Don't forget the sides of your canvases!

So pretty!

The arrow is pointing to the way to read the words for the title of the canvas, completely unintentional.


Love those butterflies.  I got these in a swap but I know you can find them on Etsy!

Well I hope you enjoyed my pics, if you have any questions please just ask.  As you will see in future posts I did end up making the team.  Yay me!!  It's my very first DT so it has been super exciting!!!!  Dee, the …

Altered Bird Cage

This is one really made me think outside the box.  I wanted to create a 3D item, and this is what I ended up coming up with.

I used the Tim Holtz Alterations Sizzix Bigz Caged Bird Die to create this.  I cut the cage 4 times, the bird once and the wing twice out of medium weight chipboard.  Then I painted the 4 cages on both sides with Rusty Hinge Distress Paint from Tim Holtz and sprayed them with some Sunflower Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels.
I glued the sides of the cages together with some Scotch Quick Dry Tacky Adhesive and just held them until it was dry and just did that for all 4 sides.  Then I, very gently bent in the tops of the bird cages (I cut off the little bump that is on top of the hanging whole) and used the Scotch glue again to glue them together.  I also used some Tim Holtz jump rings to help hold the tops together until the glue was dry and holding.  Then I use another jump ring through the wholes on the top to hold them together and to attach the swivel clasp to.

 …